Vegan Venezuelan Hot Chocolate Recipe
So quick and easy to make, We offer you a Recipe of a great drink with a delicious flavor and a beautiful silky smooth texture to enjoy with all your Vegan friends.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 whole star anise or ½ teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 2 allspice berries or ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick or ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or maple syrup
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dark rum
- Combine the almond milk, anise, allspice, cinnamon, zest, and brown sugar or maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until the mixture just begins to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and allow it to steep for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture into another saucepan.
- Add the chocolate and rum, and return to the stove over low heat. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Serve hot.