The method to Delicious and Easy Totally Tofu French Toast for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Preparation time: less than 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 Minutes
These babies are so tasteful that to say anything about them in something other than French would be disgraceful. They are crème de la crème of the vegan way. They are magnificent, délicieuse and a number of other words I can’t quite pronounce (Fortunately, my cooking is better than my French).
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1 ripe banana
- Vegan butter or mild-flavored oil for cooking
- 6-8 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Over medium heat, heat a non-stick pan.
- In the meantime, blend the tofu, cinnamon, dairy-free milk, syrup and banana in a processor until they are smooth. Add more milk or water if it’s too thick (do it by the tablespoon to avoid thinning it too much).
- The mixture goes into a shallow dish that is large enough for you to dip the bread. Cover both sides of the bread with the mixture.
- Put oil or vegan butter into the skillet, but be careful, it is going to be hot. Then add the soaked bread. It will need about 2-3 minutes per side. You know you’re good when the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- It works very well with fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories 154
- Protein 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates 18.9 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Sodium 143 mg