Vegan Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Here’s a recipe for delicious vegan Sweet Potato salad that is worthy of a meal or as a side for all your occasions, try it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 Minutes
In this dish the sweet of the potato clashes wonderfully with the daikon garnish, thereby giving you a mouth full of texture and flavor. Add to that the ginger and it really is one of those dishes that make the Asian cuisine so special. And it smells great too!
- 1 pound daikon, shredded (one large daikon is about one pound)
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 large sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (zest and juice from one lime)
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice, fresh (squeezed from fresh, grated ginger root)
- 1 2/4 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dark (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, chopped
- Take a bowl and in it mix the daikon and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Press them together and let them sit in a cool room, or in the refrigerator. When you want to serve it, drain the liquid.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and rub them both with oil and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, lay the potatoes on top and bake them at 350˚F for 40-50 minutes until they’ve turned soft but not mushy, as they will continue to bake once you’ve taken them out of the oven. Let them cool and then place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the potato peel and slice the potatoes up. Then place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mix together the sesame oil, maple syrup, lime zest and juice, 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt and ginger juice in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the sweet potatoes and then gently mix it up. Put them in the fridge for another 2 hours.
- It is ready to be served (don’t forget the daikon).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories 209
- Protein 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 4 g
- Carbohydrates 42 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sodium 384 mg