Vegan Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
In this Vegan Recipe. Sweet potatoes might actually work better with fries than normal potatoes. I kid you not. The sweetness of the potato creates an entirely different experience that adds an extra dimension both in taste and nutritional goodness that the ordinary fries simply lack. The result? You don’t need ketchup and the salt that comes with it!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 hour
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (cut like thick fries)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, mix together the potatoes, cinnamon, salt, and oil.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the sweet potatoes (the fries are very sticky, so oil doesn’t work quite as well).
- Turn your oven up to 450˚F and let them bake for 50 minutes. You want the potatoes to have softened and have become light brown. After 20 minutes make sure you toss the potatoes every 10 minutes or so, to make sure they don’t burn.
- Take them out of the oven, drizzle maple syrup over top and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 62
- Protein 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sodium 46 mg