Here’s the Vegan Spiderweb Black Bean Burger’s recipe, it’s a black bean burger topped with an adobo sour cream sauce piped into a spiderweb design for some Halloween fun.
6 servings (1 burger)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can of chipotle chiles)
- 6 hamburger buns split 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomato
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in oil 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- In a large bowl, slightly mash black beans. Add onion mixture, bread crumbs, cilantro, chipotle chiles, cumin, and mix until blended. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about ½ inch thick.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook 3 patties in oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil and remaining 3 patties.