Vegan Soy Milk is an alternative to cow’s milk and we love it because it’s cheap and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- ½ cup yellow soybeans (80 grams)
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or a piece of vanilla bean (optional)
- 4 dates (optional)
- Soak the soybeans in water overnight for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Drain the soybeans and remove the outer skins.
- Blend the soybeans with 3 cups of water (750 milliliters) until well blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the blended mixture using a cheesecloth, a napkin or a strainer.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add 1 cup of water (250 milliliters). Place the saucepan on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir and skim foam.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Let cool the soy milk. You can add other ingredients such as vanilla or dates. Blend the mixture if necessary.
- Store the soy milk in a sealed container in the fridge for four or five days.