The method to Delicious and Easy Quinoa Sandwich for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Pancakes, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup ground rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika A dash of salt
- 8 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted
Tip: On a stove top, quinoa takes 15-20 mins to cook. You can also cook it as described here, or use leftover quinoa.
- In a food processor, blend the ground oats and quinoa into a smooth paste. Add the chopped vegetables, onions, salt, seeds, and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low and add to it ¼ of the above mixture. Cook it like an omelet and repeat the process 3 times.
- You can also scramble the oats and quinoa together with salt and spices. Cook the vegetables separately as described here.
- When the omelets are ready, top them with finely chopped spring onions or cilantro. Serve with toasted Ezekiel bread or with a taco.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
• Calories: 184
• Fat (g): 3.1
• Carbs (g): 38.3
• Dietary Fiber (g): 4.9
• Sugars (g): 2.5
• Protein (g): 8.9