To ensure the proper consistency of this Vegan popular dip, use ripe avocados and good-quality, chunky style salsa.Enjoy the Recipe.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted, 1 mashed, 1 chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chunky-style mild or medium tomato salsa
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients, except the chips, until thoroughly combined. Mash lightly with a fork and then stir again.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate 2 to 12 hours and serve chilled, accompanied by the chips.
Per serving (without chips):
- Calories 85
- Protein 1g
- Total Fat 8g
- Sat. Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sodium 33mg