Vegan Pizza Dough Recipe
The method of Delicious and Easy Perfect Pizza Dough for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Pancakes, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: Serves 8
PrepTime: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (needs to rise for about 40 minutes)
With this recipe, you won’t just be able to bring pizza back into your life, but flatbread and other such recipes as well. What’s more, this version, unlike what you buy in the store, doesn’t have heaps of salt, fat or preservatives. Let’s take pizza away from big business and put back in the wholesomeness that they’ve taken out!
- 1/4 ounce package of active dry yeast
- 2-2/12 cups white whole-wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Put a 1/4 cup of water into a bowl, add the yeast and wait for it to begin foaming after about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl combine cold water with the olive oil, salt and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl equipped with a dough hook, put 1 cup of flour, then mix in the yeast mixture. Continue to add flour and the water mixture alternatively as you combine, trying to keep the balance between the two. You’re done when the dough is smooth and elastic and begins to form a ball and pull away from the bowl’s sides.
- Take it out of the mixing bowl and knead it for a few minutes more, then put it in a mixing bowl that you’ve oiled previously. Put a damp towel over the bowl and give it 30 minutes in a warm place to rise. The dough should approximately double in volume.
- Put a pizza stone on the middle rack of your oven, then turn the oven to 500˚F and let it preheat.
- Spray a 19-inch pizza pan with olive oil. Then sprinkle the cornmeal across the surface.
- Put the dough on a work surface that has a light layer of flour on it (to prevent sticking) and cut it into three balls. Knead these, and cover them with damp towels for 10 minutes.
- Stretch the dough ball out into a pizza shape and put on your desired toppings. Put them in the oven and let it bake. It should take about 5 to 10 minutes, though your toppings might need longer. When the edges have browned the pizza is ready.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
- Calories 225
- Protein 6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 3 g
- 42.9 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Sodium 391 mg