Vegan Lemon-ginger Icing Recipe
The method to Delicious and Easy Lemon-ginger Icing for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Pancakes, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: Serves 20
PrepTime: 10 minutes
Cook Time: (needs several hours in the refrigerator)
Lemon, ginger and almost no fat combine in this flavorsome yet easy-to-make icing to brilliant effect. The tartness, sweetness and ginger kick will turn even the plainest of cakes into slices of heaven. Note, the icing works even better if it’s left overnight in the fridge.
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 12 1/3 ounces silken tofu, extra-firm or firm (do not use soft, medium or fresh tofu as icing won’t be firm enough).
- 1/4 cup cashew, almond or hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or agave nectar)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup light-colored granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice, fresh (squeezed from fresh, grated ginger root)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend them until the result is smooth.
- Place it in a refrigerator uncovered for several hours and wait for the icing to firm.
- Place it on a cooled cake (such as our recipe for Maple cake).
- Serve the cake (you can refrigerate it for a little while, but not too long as the cake will become dry)
- Try different sweeteners like maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup, barley malt syrup or granulated sugar. You can also replace the lemon zest with lime zest.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 55
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 2 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fiber Trace
- Sodium 8 mg