Vegan Hummus Pizza Recipe
The method to Delicious and Easy Hummus Pizza for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Serves: 4 to 6 main-dish or 8 to 12 appetizer servings
The versatility of hummus is showcased in this delicious pizza, perfect for a casual weeknight supper or special party appetizer. Classic hummus is a dairy-free Middle Eastern puree of chickpeas, sesame tahini, and lemon juice; it can be located in the rated section among the refrigerated section among the dips and spreads.
- 1¼ cups prepared plain (classic) hummus
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (10- or 13-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough (see Cook’s Tip, below)
- 1/3 cup julienned, drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon marinade reserved
- 6 pitted kalamata or other good-quality black olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Lightly oil a standard size baking sheet and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the hummus and garlic until thoroughly blended; set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet and press to ft. Brush the reserved sun-dried tomato marinade evenly over the dough, and then prick with a fork in several places.
- Bake in the center of the oven 12 to 15 minutes, until very lightly browned. Remove from the oven and spread evenly with the hummus-garlic mixture.
- Top evenly with the sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Place on the bottom rack and bake 5 minutes, until the edges are nicely browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Refrigerated 10- or 13-ounce cans of pizza dough can be found alongside the canned biscuits in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets. Fresh or frozen 16-ounce bags of pizza dough, also available in most stores, can be used as well, but you will need to thaw the dough first, if necessary, and work a bit harder to stretch and ft it into the baking sheet. Also, the pizza will have a thicker crust and may take an extra five minutes or so to brown.
- Calories 383
- Protein 10g
- Total Fat 13g
- Sat. Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg ate 57g
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Sodium 304mg