This is a high protein, low-calorie recipe. Just what every vegan need in his or her kitchen. It can be put on almost anything from vegan pasta to fake meat! Enjoy.
Serves: about 1½ cups
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except water, and process until well blended.
- The pesto should be dense and pasty, and not quite smooth.
- Drizzle in water by the tablespoon and continue blending until pesto reaches the desired consistency.
- The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to a month.