Use this versatile Asian Vegan sauce Recipe in countless noodle dishes and stir-fries(Cellophane Noodles, Japanese-Style Rice Noodles). The ground ginger can be replaced with Chinese five-spice powder if desired.
Makes about a ¼ cup, or enough for approximately 4 ounces of uncooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Use as directed in the chosen recipe.
Per serving (per tablespoon):
- Calories 22
- Protein 1g
- Total Fat 0g
- Sat. Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sodium 301mg