Vegan Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipe
The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake is combining cocoa and coffee to create a chocolate lover’s dream. So you can have your cake and eat it too! Enjoy the Recipe!
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- 3/4 cup Macro organic coconut oil, melted
- 370g apple sauce
- 2 tsp Macro apple cider vinegar
- 21/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 11/2 cups pure icing sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa, plus extra, to dust
- 11/4 cups dairy-free spread
- 2 tbs almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°c. Grease and line base and sides of 2 x 20cm cake pans.
- Place sugar and coconut oil in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth. Add apple sauce and cider vinegar and beat to combine.
- Combine flour and cocoa in a bowl and milk and coffee in a jug. Add, in alternate batches, beating after each addition. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Divide between pans and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cool in pans for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the icing, sift 1.5 cups icing sugar and 2 tbs cocoa into a mixing bowl. Add 11/4 cups dairy-free spread, 2tbs almond milk and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, and mix on low speed until combined and fluffy. Spread half over the first cake then top with the second cake. Spread remaining icing over the top. Dust with extra cocoa.