Vegan Brazenly Broccoli Soup Recipe
Even if you HATE broccoli you will love this soup recipe. I promise you will eat every drop of it. It’s Vegan, simple and good!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Broccoli is an amazing vegetable that is so chock full of nutrients when you put it into a dish with other vegetables, they actually feel embarrassed. No really, go on and ask them. Nobody will think you’re weird. This goodness bomb is a great way to load up on the nutrients. Oh, and if you want to put in more protein, try exchanging the bread croutons for nuts.
- 1 pound broccoli, separated into florets
- 4 cups and 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F
- Take the broccoli and chop it up coarsely.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth into a saucepan and put it on a medium heat. Add the dried basil and onions, then give it about 5 minutes to cook, while stirring. Wait for the onions to turn translucent. If the onions are sticking to the pan, don’t be afraid to add a little bit more vegetable broth.
- Add the 4 cups of vegetable broth along with the broccoli and turn the heat up to high, till it boils. Then reduce the temperature down till it’s simmering. You want the broccoli to be fork tender. This will take about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop up some vegan bread into bite-sized chunks, add a teaspoon of olive oil and parsley, spread them out over a baking sheet in a single layer and pop them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- Put the content of the saucepan into a blender and blend until it is smooth. Now add the parsley, salt, and pepper. Hit the pulse button a few times, then put the soup back in the pan and reheat it gently, while adding seasoning.
- Scoop onto plates, top with golden croutons and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 85
- Protein 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates 10.1 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Sodium 1117 mg