Vegan Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
The smoothies are great they’re filled to the brim with nutrients. this Vegan Blueberry smoothie recipe is great at reducing the calorie intake in the recipe as well as packing the smoothie full of as many nutrients as possible.
Vegan smoothies are great for the vegan as well as the non-vegan since they’re still filled to the brim with nutrients. If you wish to add dairy to these smoothies, it is completely optional. However, by doing so it will mean that the recipe is no longer vegan. It may also add calories, which are unnecessary. Vegan smoothie recipes are great at reducing the calorie intake in the recipe as well packing the smoothie full of as many nutrients as possible.
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- ½ Cup Almond Soy Milk
- ½ Banana (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 4-6 Large Ice Cubes
- Make sure to blend the blueberries, banana, and chia seeds first. Then add honey, soy milk, and ice cubes. It is recommended to blend on high. Chilling or freezing the banana beforehand is recommended if you are looking for a thicker smoothie, but like always adding ice cubes will also thicken the smoothie.
Why These Ingredients:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are wonderful for weight loss, and you will find that they actually are full of vitamins and antioxidants as well. They also contain catechins, which then activate fat-burning genes. You will find that blueberries are both delicious and great for you, and they add a little bit of kick to this smoothie.
- Chia Seeds: Expand in your stomach and this is the reason that you find that consuming them will actually help you to stay full longer. Chia seeds are a wonderful source of protein as well. In weight loss smoothies it is important that you have some form of protein and way to keep full, and this is the main reason that chia seeds are used in weight loss smoothies.
- Banana: help to cut down on those dreadful sugar cravings, which is one reason they are added to many weight loss smoothies. The second reason is that it has various vitamins and minerals that are great for your body. You will find potassium as well as various vitamins in bananas, making them great for a healthy body.
- Honey: Is also wonderful for weight loss, but the main reason that it is added to most smoothies is that you don’t need sugars in your smoothie. This means processed sugars such as table sugar, and honey cuts that out. Honey also provides energy throughout the day, which is great for workouts. Working out is also essential to making sure that you lose weight properly, but without eating right you’ll be fighting fatigue throughout the day. Honey keeps that from happening.
- Almond Milk: Dairy is often added to smoothies, but it isn’t the best dairy. Almond milk is a wonderful solution, and it provides more vitamins and even some protein that actual milk just can’t provide. It’s also low in calories, meaning that it goes in perfectly for low-calorie smoothies while providing a smooth texture and sweeter taste.