Crispy Potatoes with Vegan Nacho Sauce
This vegan nacho sauce is so good, it may even be better than cheese.
- 2 lb. mixed baby potatoes halved
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Coarse sea salt
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss potatoes with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread potatoes evenly; roast 30 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring once.
- Meanwhile in a blender, puree cashews, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, nutritional yeast, and jalapeno with 1 cup water until smooth. Transfer to 2-quart saucepan; heat on medium-low 5 minutes or until warm, stirring occasionally. Makes about 1 2/3 cup. Transfer to a bowl; serve with roasted potatoes. (Refrigerate remaining sauce up to 1 day. Also good with tortilla chips, roasted cauliflower, etc.)